Sunday, May 11, 2014

Out and About in South Florida (Including Trips to my Beer Fridge)

If you haven't checked out Brass Tap Coral Springs, you should go. Especially when they have 'School of Rock' child students performing for the craft beer loving patrons! I hear you - why are kids at Brass Tap? Well, it's because they're bad ass! If you didn't see them, you'd swear a bunch of grown folk were up there strumming, banging and belting out "Roxanne"! 

The band was amazing, and so were our flights:

Pyramid Weiss Cream Wheat Ale
Anderson Valley Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrel Stout
Stone Sprocket Bier
Shiner Ruby Redbird
Oskar Blues Ten Fidy Stout
Southern Tier Choklat Stout
Delirium Tremens
Ommegang Abbey Ale

I loved all of them except the Shiner Ruby Redbird. There was grapefruit prominent on the first sip, and ginger thereafter. It's a good quality beer, but not my thing. 



Have you poured hard? If you haven't, you should try. All you need is a Left Hand Brewing bottled Milk Stout Nitro, Sawtooth Nitro, or in my case, a Wake Up Dead Nitro. It is so deliciously good: hints of molasses, and fruit cake whisked into a creamy stout. Your supposed to open the bottle, and pour hard into a glass. It won't overflow, and anything new to try with beer, is fun to me! Google it! You'll see. There are videos of hard core pourers, especially one of my favorite Instagrammers: Morganannezamora. She sets the standard on pouring hard. You should check her out, then go try it!
 
Smooth beer. New vocab word. Bonus creepy Guinness statue

Good ol' Riverside Market never disappoints. Especially when they have Founder's Curmudgean: (Ale brewed with molasses and oak aged), Crabbie's Ginger Beer, and Lagunitas Cappucino Stout on tap! Their fish tacos and Rueben were scrumptious compliments to the beers. The vibe in this place is the best. After living in Key West for 12 years, I appreciate anywhere that takes me back to that casual, cool and laid back atmosphere. You can tell how "known" it's become because it's always packed, but they always take great care of everyone, and it's one of my favorite places in South Florida. 







The last two memorable beers I'll mention are Founders KBS (courtesy of a wonderful trade), and Courage Imperial Russian Stout. KBS was savored down to the last sip. I literally didn't want the chocolate, coffee, bourbon barrel aged goodness to end. 




Courage, was originally brewed for Catherine the Great of Russia in 1795. OK! Anything suitable for her, shall be suitable for me. It was smooth, lightly boozy and just enough sweetness. You can age it up to 13 years! I will be going back for more!






No comments:

Post a Comment