Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Burgers, Atlanta and Tap and Grinding with the Craft Brewjas!

It was a typically humid South Florida Sunday morning, when a caravan of beer geeks from Orlando's Tap & Grind, arrived at Funky Buddha in Oakland Park. Craft Brewjas' were there to greet them, and kick off the 1st Reverse Tap Takeover! Supporting local places is an important job, and we were happy to do it! After sippin' on some of the great brews like: a blood orange IPA, (think beer mimosa), and No Crusts (PB & J Porter), the crew (without me unfortunately) trekked up to Due South Brewing in Boynton Beach, to take them over next! It was a great show of local support from Orlando's Tap & Grind, and South Florida's Craft Brewjas! I think we should hit the road to Orlando next!



Project Management doesn't stop, so off to Atlanta I went for an extremely quick, yet time-enough-for-a-craft-beer-outing trip! I was literally at the airport to come home, 24 hours after I landed. That's OK! Still time for exploring the craft beer scene! As soon as I knew I was going, I made dinner plans with one of my BFFs who lives there. Her being the sweet friend she is, picked out the perfect spot. Fabulous (she eats nowhere less), with an extensive craft beer selection, (because she knows I'm a beer nerd) and good food (cause a girls gotta eat)! Tap 1180 was the spot. Throw in another fab girlfriend, and ya got a Tuesday night downtown with the ladies. I am so excited to share that I finally tasted a Goose Island Matilda. It was superior and decadent, like Belgian velvet in a glass... No wonder Instagram goes crazy with trades on this. I get it. I couldn't be in a new town, without trying something local! So my next beer was a MNB Drafty Kilt Scotch Ale. I'm a sucka for scotch ales. They're one of my favorite styles. I give this one a B+. It doesn't top Claymore's, or Old Chub's Scotch Ale, but it was close, smooth and delicious. *Notable Hotlanta spot for my next trip: Sweetwater has it's very own pub at Delta's terminal. Yes please! I will be sure to fly Delta when I go back.


 
Breaking News!! West Broward has a new craft beer spot! They also have bomb ass burgers, and bomb ass mac' and cheese! Let's give a warm Pembroke Pines welcome to...Burger and Beer Joint! 

-Yes, it's the same one as in Miami Beach. 
-Yes, it's not all the way in Miami Beach, or east of 95! It's right here, in my hood.




Did I mention they have 59 taps? They have 59 taps. Pretty good stuff too! In my flights I sampled and sipped (since some I've already 'sampled'): Bells Kalamazoo Stout, Capital Hop Cream, Green Flash IPA, Bell's Two Hearted Ale, Lagunitas IPA and Florida Avenue's Lager and Blueberry. I'm normally not a big fruity beer chic, however, this one had bold flavors so I accept it. Throw in the cool pin-up/retro/red wall with album cover decor, and classic rock playing - you've got a new local place for the beer nerds of the west, and the visiting beer nerds from the north, south and east! I'll see ya there..

No comments:

Post a Comment